September 30 – October 2, A.S. LIVII (2022)
Lincoln State Park, Lincoln City, Indiana
All activities contingent on Middle Kingdom and Indiana Covid-19 Regulations
- Armored Combat: Marshal Style prize tourney and melees ‘till you drop! If raining, we have a covered fighting area and tourney will be a modified bear pit. Fighters must show proof of membership, authorization card and site token.
- Fencing: Authorizations and prize tourneys. Fighters must show proof of membership, authorization card, ID and site token.
- Classes: Classes on a variety of topics for your education and entertainment.
- Populace-vote A&S contests for adults and youth: Please bring your A&S items to display. Documentation optional. One item per entry and entrant must be present at the event to enter.
- Treasure Hunt Game: For all ages.
- Merchants are welcome and there is no fee! No indoor space or tables are available. Please bring your own shade. Contact merchant liaison for details & to pre-register. You may set up tents/shades for your wares, but you MAY NOT camp with your merchandise. This is a State Park rule and cannot be violated!
- Other Activities: Harald Hardraada Piñata, Dancing and Campfire/Bardic Circle! More activities to be added! See our web page or Facebook event page for more details as they become available.
- PLEASE NOTE: There will be NO drop-off child-care! Children attending classes must be accompanied by a responsible teen or an adult. There is a lake and woods nearby, with all of the associated poison ivy and insects. Children left unattended too long will be given an espresso and a free puppy.
- Breakfast: No charge, but donations gratefully accepted.
- Lunch: Menu to be determined. $5 for adults, $3.00 ages 6-12, free for ages under 6.
- Feast: A sumptuous feast will tempt your palate & fill your belly!
- Sur la Table: White Bread, Cheddar & Mozzarella Cheese, Mushroom Tarts and Mints
- First Course: Beef & Noodles, Spinach Salad
- Second Course: Chicken Pie and Honey Carrots
- Third Course: Fruit Ice
- Fourth Course: Roast Pork and Stewed Apples
- Fifth Course: Russian Cream with Fruit Sauce
|Friday||6:00 PM||Site Opens|
|Saturday||8:00 AM||Troll Opens for Saturday|
|9:00 AM||Rapier Armor Inspection, Authorizations and Tourney to Follow; A&S entries may be turned in|
|10:00 AM||Armored Combat Inspection & Authorizations|
|11:00 AM||William Marshal Tourney Begins|
|Sunday||11:00 AM||Site Closes|
The only reservation is a PAID reservation. Pre-registration through SCArs is available for site, lunch, feast and cabins. SCArs registration closes at 12 midnight on 9/28. Cash and checks in advance to the Gate Keeper or on-site are also accepted.
SCArs link: https://members.sca.org/apps/#MtgDetail/00001129
Please make checks out to SCA Inc, Shire of Riviere Constelle and include your home group name in the comments area.
Send reservations and cabin inquiries to the Gate Keeper.
Please also note that this is a campground with associated poison ivy and insects. Please plan accordingly. It can also get very dark at night, so remember your flashlights.
- Registration (for whole weekend):
- Adult: $13.00; Adult Member Discount Registration: $8;
- Ages 13-17: $6.00;
- Children age 6-12: $3.00;
- Ages 5 and under: free.
- Family caps (Day-trip: $32 ($22 Member Discount Rate); Weekend: $75 ($65 Member Discount Rate)) are not available through SCArs, but can be reserved directly with the Gate Keeper.
- Feast: $10.00, half price for children age 6-12, $1.00 for age 5 & under using a chair, babes in arms are free.
- Alcohol: Site is discretely damp, but NO alcohol permitted for anyone under the age of 21! Park Rangers may police for under-aged drinking. Please carry out your alcohol containers at the end of the event and be courteous drinkers.
- Site Accessibility: Limited handicapped accessible –park has unpaved roads and paths. Some cabins have ramps, so if you need a handicapped-accessible cabin, please let the gate-keeper know when you make your reservations. The feast hall and bath house are handicapped accessible. Cell phone coverage is EXTREMELY limited. Please do not count on reaching event staff after noon on Friday.
- Cabins: Unheated rustic cabins with bunks and/or double beds available in the SCA area for $7 per night for adults, $6 for ages 13-17, $3.50 for children age 6-12, ages 5 and under $1.00 for each bed used. There are pit toilets and sinks near each cabin and a central modern bath house. Cabins can hold 5, 10 or 14 people. Beds will be rented out individually, so if you want to share cabin space as a group, please inform the gate keeper. No bedding provided in cabins. Cabins are sold as generic beds (no top bunk or bottom bunk). If you are using SCArs and wanting to share a cabin with a group, you MUST contact the Gatekeeper after finalizing your registration to make sure you get placed where you want to be. If the gatekeeper does not hear from you, you will be assigned a cabin with an available bed. There is no reserving a specific bed, reserving only claims a bed in a cabin.
- If you are camping with a group, you MUST contact the Gatekeeper, after finalizing your registration, to make sure you get placed where you want to be. If the gatekeeper does not hear from you, you will be assigned a cabin with an available bed.
- Tent or RV Camping: Camping spots must be pre-reserved through the Indiana Dept. of Natural Resources and you must arrive before 11 PM Friday to set up your tent that night. NO camping allowed in the SCA area, but RVs and tents are allowed elsewhere in the park (not within walking distance). To reserve campsites, call 866-622-6746 or go to http://www.indiana.reserveworld.com/ Attendees are responsible for making their own reservations for RVs/tents and the shire cannot guarantee space availability without reservations. Campers must arrive before 11 PM Friday to set up your tent that night. Primitive sites at Gobbler’s Run: $19.00/night; Electric sites at Lake Lincoln: $30/night (2 tents/6 person max).
- Pets and service animals are welcome, but except during coursing, pets must be leashed at all times with leashes less than 6’ in length. Please be courteous and clean up after your animal companion. Per the site rules, non-service animals may not be in the feast hall or cabin areas. Pets can only stay overnight in the tent or RV camping areas in the park.
Attention! For those who will be bringing children not their own: There are TWO forms that you will need to bring for each child. They both need to be signed by the child’s parent or legal guardian. ONE MUST BE NOTARIZED per Indiana law.
- This form needs the notarization and should be kept with the child at all times: http://www.sca.org/docs/pdf/treatminor-notary.pdf
- This form is the usual Minor Waiver: http://www.sca.org/docs/pdf/chldwaiv.pdf.
PLEASE have both these forms filled out and signed/notarized where appropriate for each child you will be bringing that you are not the parent or legal guardian of. This requirement is out of our control and the children affected will not be allowed to attend if they are not completed properly before arrival. Thank you.
(approx. 4 miles from site)
|91 W Christmas Blvd, Santa Claus, IN 47579|
|$129.99 for 1 King or 2 Double beds, no pets allowed|
(10 miles from site)
|1339 N Washington St, Dale, IN 47523|
844-545-8102 or 812-937-8000
|$108.50 for 1 King or 2 Queen beds, Indoor pool, hot breakfast, no pets allowed|
(approx. 10 miles from site)
|I-64 at US 231, exit #57, Dale, IN 47523|
|$65.99, 1 King or 2 Queen beds; Morning coffee,|
Up to 2 pets per room for free
(13 miles from site)
|123 Scenic Hills Ct, Ferdinand, IN 47532|
|$144.00: 1 King suite or $113.00: 2 Queen beds; indoor pool, hot breakfast, microwave & refrigerator, no pets|
|Quality Inn & Suites|
(13 miles from site)
|440 S Main St, Ferdinand, IN 47532|
|$78.00 for 1 King or $86.00 for 2 Queen beds; hot|
breakfast, Free WiFi, indoor heated pool, microwave &
refrigerator, Pets $20/night, limit 2 & 50# limit.
(approx. 19 miles from site)
|406 E 22nd St, Huntingburg, IN 47542|
|$73.00 for 1 King or 2 Queen beds; Free hot breakfast,|
Free WiFi, outdoor pool & hot tub, no pets allowed
Event Steward: No calls after 10 PM Central Time, please. Mistress Kirsten Thorsteinsdóttir (Donna Herum) 7155 Woods Drive, Newburgh, IN 47630, 812-202-3108 (please leave message or text), RendezvousBridge@gmail.com
Reservations/Gate-Keeper: Contact for all reservations except for camping. For reservation information, PLEASE contact via email or phone, not on the Facebook event site. Please include your e-mail if you wish reservation confirmation. Lady Erennach (Lisa Crumbley), 2409 Whirlaway Drive, Owensboro, KY 42301, firstname.lastname@example.org, 270-993-1776 (email or text preferred). No calls after 9 PM Central Time.
Dietary Inquiries: Sir Ragnarr Arnbjornsson (Kevin Reid), (812) 853-5675, e-mail: Reid_KSCA80@hotmail.com. Please contact Ragnarr regarding all special dietary needs at least one week prior to the event.
Armored Combat: Sir Bran Atte Rowan (Mike Nash) 270-844-2895, email@example.com
Rapier Combat: Warder Liu Kuaici (Curtis Scott) 812-525-4891, e-mail: LiuKuaici@gmail.com
Merchants: Lady Mackenzie (Mackenzie Bryant), e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
From the North/East/West: Take your best route to the intersection with I-64 and Highway 231 near Dale Indiana (exit 57A) and take Highway 231 South. Approximately 5.6 miles south of the intersection, exit onto Highway 162 and turn right at the end of the ramp. Follow signs to Lincoln State park and turn left into the main entrance (about 1.2 miles). Follow this road past the guard shack (tell the guard that you are with the SCA so that they do not charge you the car fee) and follow the camp and SCA signs to the Pine Hills Camp Area.
Although the SCA complies with all applicable laws to ensure the health and safety of our event participants, we cannot eliminate the risk of exposure to infectious diseases during in-person events. By participating in the in-person events of the SCA, you acknowledge and accept the potential risks. You agree to take any additional steps to protect your own health and safety and those under your control as you believe to be necessary.